Your smile is the first thing people notice about you. As you’ve gotten older, what do you see when you assess your teeth? Even if they are healthy and strong, your teeth may be crooked, chipped, worn, or discolored with age. Fortunately, these cosmetic flaws are easy to address with a bit of rejuvenation.
Benefits of Aging Teeth Rejuvenation
Dental care is an important part of your anti-aging efforts. After all, your smile can add or subtract 10 years from your appearance, depending on how well you maintain it. Even if you don’t care what you look like, other people do. It’s a simple fact that humans respond positively to a beautiful smile.
In addition to improving your appearance, smile rejuvenation can help your teeth and jaw function at their peak. If you’re dealing with tooth grinding, chewing problems, jaw pain, or other issues, your dentist can help.
How to Rejuvenate Your Aging Teeth
Treatment begins with an evaluation from your dentist, who assesses your oral health, discusses the options available, and helps you decide which ones suit your needs best. The goal is to improve your smile with the least invasive procedures possible. While surgery may be necessary in some cases, it might be possible to rejuvenate your smile non-invasively for the cost of a new outfit.
When you see your newly improved smile for the first time, you’ll look and feel like a million bucks! Here are some of your options for rejuvenating aging teeth:
- Minor tooth recontouring: Pointy or long teeth, minor overlaps, and teeth with chipped or uneven edges can be reshaped to look more attractive. This quick, painless procedure offers immediate, long-lasting results.
- Teeth whitening: Yellowing teeth are a natural sign of aging, but that doesn’t mean you have to live with them. In-office teeth whitening can restore your pearly whites in a single, pain-free visit.
- Porcelain veneers: Not all tooth discoloration is eligible for whitening. If your teeth have darkened internally, porcelain veneers are the key to creating a dazzling white smile. This rejuvenation method is also effective for hiding chips, cracks, or slight gaps between the teeth.
- Invisalign: No one wants a crowded, misaligned bite. If your smile has shifted over the years, straighten them the invisible way with Invisalign clear aligners. You may even be eligible for nighttime retainers that straighten your teeth while you sleep.
- Dental implants: Tooth loss often accompanies aging. If you have any gaps in your smile, fill them with dental implants. Unlike partial dentures or dental bridges, implants are long-lasting, self-supporting, and don’t affect the integrity of surrounding teeth.
Let Beyond Dentistry Laser Center help you look and feel your best with aging teeth rejuvenation. Our dentist, Dr. Simon Kappel, has 45 years of cosmetic and general dentistry experience, ensuring comfortable, precise care for every patient. With his artistic eye, he can accomplish astonishing results! Contact us at 718-436-0202 for more information or to request a consultation with Dr. Kappel today.